Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Nings leave San Francisco

Well, we did it! We found a place closer to Kelvin's work (15 min door-to-door). We've moving back to Palo Alto on March 8th. For several months we've been looking for something that would allow Kelvin more time with Simon. He ends up leaving for work 15 minutes after Simon wakes up, and coming home 15 minutes before he sleeps.

We'll be paying more for a smaller rental house, but it has 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, and a big back yard. I'm trying to get my project car ('74 Triumph Spitfire/GT6 project) back on wheels so that I can at least tow it with me.

It has been a long struggle since we have so many great friends in San Francisco. The Sunset Ward has been the closest we've felt to a ward since growing up in our respective homes.

Even though we're really not that far away, we've decided to make a list of things we'll miss up here. For those who also left their hearts in San Francisco, please feel free to add to the list:
- Food (Indian, Mexican, Japanese, Thai Crab house, within walking distance)
- Friends
- Ferry Building, Farmer's Market
- Golden Gate Park (2 blocks away)
- Ocean Beach (7 blocks away)
- Shopping
- Telling people about the weird cold summers
- The Sunset Ward (Bishop Curtis et al.)
- Church Basketball on Tuesdays (Kelvin still may come up to play)
- Irving Street Food
- Union Square

10 comments:

Erica said...

and...let me know if you need help moving miss!

Nancy said...

we'll miss you!!!!

Sharie McCraney said...

Hi Kelvin and Susie,
Simon is adorable. You guys look great too. he has proud grandparents.
It's good to hear your doing good. Check out our blog sometime. Take care.
Cousin Sharie.
http://beauandshariemccraney.blogspot.com/

Lanes said...

I'm so glad you guys found a good place. That will be really nice for you I'm sure. You have to add Angel Island camping and kayaking to the list.

Molly and Jason said...

Cant wait to have you back in PA!

Joan said...

Hi there, Sus! It's so good to run into you and your fam through the blogging network!
My husband, Brandon grew up on the army base on the Presidio when he was a kid...so I'm sure he would have lots of favorites to share with you guys. One of them would be crabbing with his buddies :)

LilMisfit said...

I wish that you guys were moving to Phoenix. Then I would be thrilled! But I am glad that you found a place. I guess you will be like an hour closer to me! :)

Kate said...

I just have to comment... could Simon be any cuter? Man, he's a doll. I just love him! Hope everything goes well with the move. I'm so glad to catch up with the Robinson clan via this blog.

funnfitnsb said...

Hi Kelvin,

I saw your post about your work on devices to dissolve DVT clots. I would love to talk to you and learn more.

Unknown said...

Dear "funnfitnsb",
I'd love to talk to you more about DVT, but I have no way to reply based on your post.

Kelvin